Makes 18-20 large cookies
250 ml (1 cup) stone ground cake flour
5 ml (1 tsp) baking powder
2,5 ml (½ tsp) bicarbonate of soda
5 ml (1 tsp) ground cinnamon
180 ml (¾ cup) brown sugar
180 ml (¾ cup) butter (see tip)
1 egg, beaten
10 ml (2 tsp) vanilla essence
500 ml (2 cups) rolled oats
60 ml (¼ cup/ 30 g) ground almonds
125 ml (½ cup/ 65 g) almonds, coarsely chopped
150 ml (9-10/ ± 100 g) cubed Cecilia’s Farm Turkish Apricots or Colourburst™ Nectarines
45 ml (3 tbsp/ 40 g) Cecilia’s Farm Cranberries or Blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Sieve flour, baking powder, bicarb and cinnamon into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream sugar and butter, until just smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Stir the flour mixture, rolled oats and ground almonds into the butter mixture to form a soft dough.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir through. Roll dough into small balls and place on a baking tray. Flatten by gently pressing down with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until just golden brown, but not too dark as these will become too crispy when cooled. Allow to cool on a cooling rack and enjoy as a treat with tea. Store in an airtight container (if there is anything left).
- Substitute or use a combination of any Cecilia’s Farm dried fruit or nut products to the cookie. Cut large fruit pieces into smaller pieces and make sure the total amount of nuts and dried fruit stays more or less the same as in the recipe.
- Butter at room temperature is easier to blend into sugar, than cold butter.